I’m sharing more family recipes, yep tried, proven and tasted recipes. there’s more to come so please like and follow my page.
So, here’s one family favorite (actually 🙂 we have a lot of favorites) the Filipino version of Beef steak. I used round steak cut thinly for this dish. And of course with vegetable side dish as I always do.
what you need:
2 small pcs calamansi
1/2 kilo lean beef, sliced thinly
1 cup water
3 tbsp soysauce
oil for frying
1 large onion cut into rings
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt & pepper
serves about 4
45 mins prep time
- marinate meat with salt & pepper for at least 15 minutes
- saute the garlic, pan fry the beef until slightly brown.
- add water, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until meat is tender.
- stir in soy sauce, then add onions.
- (optional) you can also add 1 tbsp of brown sugar if you like
- when meat is already soft and tender, squeeze calamansi before removing from heat.
serve and enjoy!