This campaign is promulgated by the Department of Health (Philippines) with full effort to stop Covid-19 (Corona Virus Disease -2019)
This is how to protect yourself and loved ones from this dreaded disease.
Do the FIVE!
1. Do Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
2. Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze
3. Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell
4. Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell
5. Don’t Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean
Here are some infographics to help you understand this pandemic better.
- Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
- The Source of Corona Virus is believed to be a “Wet Market” in Wuhan, China that sells both live and dead animals.
- A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
- World Health Organization announced its official name – coronavirus disease 2019, abbreviated as COVID-19. COVID-19, ‘CO’ stands for ‘corona,’ ‘VI’ for ‘virus,’ and ‘D’ for disease.
- Formerly known as “2019 novel coronavirus” or “2019-nCoV”
- It is zoonotic – transmitted between animals and people.
- Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
- In severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
- Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include frequent hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs.
- It can be transmitted by droplet contact – bacteria/viruses that can travel on relatively large respiratory droplets that people sneeze, cough, drip, or exhale.